Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
We need your help to grow Rallying in Ontario! (Read 5028 times)
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
We need your help to grow Rallying in Ontario!
09/25/13 at 11:08:52

Hi everyone,

Do you have some great ideas on how to increase participation in Ontario rallies? If so, then we want to hear from you!

The RallySport Ontario board and club representatives had their monthly conference call meeting on Monday, and on the agenda was Growth of Rallysport.

Rather than sidetrack the whole meeting with this topic, it was decided to hold a separate meeting Monday, October 7, just to discuss how to grow rally in Ontario. We will be working on an agenda for the meeting that we will publish. This will be a conference call and anyone interested in joining in can contact me directly.

If you have thoughts or ideas but can't participate, you can pass those on to me -- we welcome all feedback. We know some of the obstacles that we face in getting people involved (costs, time, changing demographics, changing social attitudes, etc.); what we need are fresh ideas and people to implement them. Stay tuned.

Bruce Leonard
President
RallySport Ontario

Please get in touch with Bruce Leonard at president@rallysport.on.ca and get in on the call, or send him your suggestions if you can't.

We need your bright ideas!   Cool

Jeannie MacGillivray
Secretary
RallySport Ontario

IP Logged
madspeed er
YaBB Newbies

Re: We need your help to grow Rallying in Ontario!
Reply #1 - 09/29/13 at 22:09:33

rally solo ?

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #2 - 09/30/13 at 09:47:33

madspeed er wrote on 09/29/13 at 22:09:33:
rally solo ?

In other words, you mean rallycross?

Jeannie

IP Logged
Derek Vincent
YaBB Moderator

Reply #3 - 09/30/13 at 11:56:48

Rally Solo is something they are doing in the NASA US event. They are allowing prepared cars on stage without co-drivers.

http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/RallySolo

Derek.

WWW   IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #4 - 10/02/13 at 13:40:19

But back to the topic, folks -- we've already had some thoughtful (and lengthy) comments come back to us, and some Rally types are going to join in the call.  Smiley

Here's how to do it: send your comments if you can't attend, or your contact info if you can, to president@rallysport.on.ca.

You will then get an invitation to join the call, and that's it!

So, consider yourself invited!

Jeannie

IP Logged
2000 Impreza

Reply #5 - 10/02/13 at 16:29:05

What about an inexpensive spec class?  98-05 ford focus or something along those lines.  Super limited modifications aloud...  Maybe talk to some suppliers/manufacturers and line up a cheap suspension setup and a cheap roll cage package etc.  I’m thinking a really poor mans R2 style package.  I’m just picturing a class that is the least intimidating to a new potential competitor..  I know some of the classes like production fwd are basically open to that kind of car already although I think having people know they can spend x number of dollars and be right in there competitive would be great.  I know when I wanted to get into the sport all I ever heard was how expensive it is and it kept me from getting into rally for years.  If I had known exactly how little I could spend to get a car together that might have sped up the process.   Maybe this makes no sense but just an idea.  Smiley
I just think we need to find a way to make rally as affordable as possible.  I know a lot of people either can’t afford to get into it in the first place or they can’t afford to stay in the sport for very long.

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #6 - 10/02/13 at 19:54:07

2000 Impreza wrote on 10/02/13 at 16:29:05:
What about an inexpensive spec class?  98-05 ford focus or something along those lines.  Super limited modifications aloud...  Maybe talk to some suppliers/manufacturers and line up a cheap suspension setup and a cheap roll cage package etc.  I’m thinking a really poor mans R2 style package.  I’m just picturing a class that is the least intimidating to a new potential competitor..  I know some of the classes like production fwd are basically open to that kind of car already although I think having people know they can spend x number of dollars and be right in there competitive would be great.  I know when I wanted to get into the sport all I ever heard was how expensive it is and it kept me from getting into rally for years.  If I had known exactly how little I could spend to get a car together that might have sped up the process.   Maybe this makes no sense but just an idea.  Smiley
I just think we need to find a way to make rally as affordable as possible.  I know a lot of people either can’t afford to get into it in the first place or they can’t afford to stay in the sport for very long.

Why not send your ideas to Bruce Leonard at president@rallysport.on.ca. I'm gathering together everyone's comments for the meeting.

thanks!

Jeannie

Edit: And you could please include your name, so we know who you are. Thanks -- J.

« Last Edit: 10/03/13 at 10:20:01 by Jeannie VE3JNE »  
  IP Logged
KDeV

Trenton,ON
Reply #7 - 11/09/13 at 21:49:33

Anything to report to the masses on this? Or is something still being prepared that we need to be patient on?

KDeV KDeV   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print