Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Winter Tires? (Read 19285 times)
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: Winter Tires?
Reply #15 - 01/05/14 at 12:25:34

My experience with my studable Hankooks, if they're made to be studded and you don't, they won't work well on ice. The compound is just too hard (needs to be to keep the studs in) and they tend to give up a lot of sipe area for the solid blocks needed to anchor the studs.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
staff
YaBB Newbies

ontario
Reply #16 - 01/05/14 at 17:46:17

I go through a lot of winter tires up here in owen sound and what my problem is, is that most of those tires mentioned work great for grip driving (for normal people) but as soon as you decide to play a little sideways most tires loose a little too much grip and slide wide, yoko's are the most predictable sideways up to 3" of snow.  then winterforce/haka's for deeper stuff.

WWW   IP Logged
TomH

Reply #17 - 01/17/14 at 07:35:04

After listening to the traffic reports for Toronto this morning after 2cm of snow I wonder why the government won't make winter tires mandatory in Ontario

IP Logged
KDeV

Trenton,ON
Reply #18 - 01/27/14 at 13:24:16

Just got a message from my girlfriend, thanking me for putting the Yoko's on the car. With all the snow and crap the last few days, she said she's had no wheelspin from a stop, no understeering in corners and minimal sliding when braking.

KDeV KDeV   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print