Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Polar Bear Rally - Feb 15-16. Workers & Teams (Read 3836 times)
Bruce L

Polar Bear Rally - Feb 15-16. Workers & Teams
01/28/14 at 13:38:37

MLRC's winter rally, the Polar Bear Rally http://www.mlrc.ca/MLWR/, is coming up February 15-16. With over 370 km in 3 legs, this is really 3 rallies in one, a true test of endurance (or rather, a test of your Red Bull tolerance). The first leg is about 100 km, the second 200 km, and the last is 75 km. Snow tires are mandatory, as is a reflective warning triangle. Registration is open on-line, and we can take credit card or e-transfer payments. Registration opens at 8 pm at the Fish & Game Club, Bancroft, with Car Zero out at 10 pm and returning from the final leg at 6:30 am for the included breakfast. The supp regs are posted with all the details.

As well, we're looking for people to help man checkpoints. Having a ham radio would be very helpful. Given the area that is covered by the rally, getting from one checkpoint assignment to the next assignment could be as much fun as the competitors are going to have. Gas money for drivers will be given, and of course, breakfast in the morning.

Bruce

The Car Zero Report
An irregular newsletter about Rally in Ontario
http://eepurl.com/LK6AD
  IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Polar Bear Rally - Feb 15-16. Workers & Teams
Reply #1 - 01/28/14 at 16:47:45

It is always a blast working that rally. I'll be there.

IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #2 - 01/29/14 at 23:04:00

Hoping we don't provide Ross any entertainment this year....

We're in.

Stephen

IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #3 - 02/17/14 at 13:11:57

Opal and I just want to thank all the workers for giving up their Family Day long weekend to help us nuts enjoy the best night of Nav Rally in Ontario every year.  If we didn't manage to thank you personally because we didn't encounter you on route (thankfully, that's you, Sweep!) we very much appreciate it!

Stephen

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print