HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rallysprint? (Read 9059 times)
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Rallysprint?
03/13/15 at 14:09:19

Hey, all. I'm a bit out of the loop - I've seen mentions of planned rallysprints for this year, but I can't find any specific details like where or when. Anyone have a schedule or the like?

WWW   IP Logged
Derek Vincent
YaBB Moderator

Re: Rallysprint?
Reply #1 - 03/13/15 at 14:25:57

Jeff, we are in the planning stage currently but we are looking to have a Sprint as part of the Bear on the Saturday....

The Bear will have a similar schedule as last year with Recce on Saturday and race on Sunday...

We will provide more information as we get more planning done...

It is important to remember that the Sprints are not a series as of yet so it is up to clubs to organize them and with this year being he first year it might be a little spotty... I know that the GCFR organizers are looking at putting one on as well...

Derek...

WWW   IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 03/14/15 at 05:18:24

KWRC has one in Paris, Ontario on April 11. Possibly more to follow.

IP Logged
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 03/14/15 at 08:04:54

Quote:
Quote:
KWRC has one in Paris, Ontario on April 11. Possibly more to follow

Ross Isn't Paris event a RX  ???

Pete G
  IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 03/14/15 at 08:53:59

Sorry yes brainfade. The KWRC event is a Rally Cross.

So we have MLRC running a Rally Sprint in conjunction with the Black Bear (on the Saturday), PMSC running one in conjunction with the GCFR and a little birdie told me that MLRC is considering offering another one in the late Summer or early Fall.

IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Reply #5 - 03/14/15 at 22:22:33

Thanks, all. Very exciting. Glad to hear there are some plans for standalone events.

WWW   IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 03/15/15 at 06:12:50

The clubs are creating dual events this year while Rally Sprint is getting established and they are willing to subsidize events to some extent, but a standalone event with only four or five cars would be very expensive for the clubs to run and is asking a lot of workers to come out for so few cars.

« Last Edit: 03/15/15 at 08:52:10 by rosswood »  
  IP Logged
madspeed er
YaBB Newbies

Reply #7 - 03/15/15 at 20:10:16

subscribed.

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #8 - 03/17/15 at 08:56:24

Derek Vincent wrote on 03/13/15 at 14:25:57:
Jeff, we are in the planning stage currently but we are looking to have a Sprint as part of the Bear on the Saturday....

The Bear will have a similar schedule as last year with Recce on Saturday and race on Sunday...

We will provide more information as we get more planning done...

It is important to remember that the Sprints are not a series as of yet so it is up to clubs to organize them and with this year being he first year it might be a little spotty... I know that the GCFR organizers are looking at putting one on as well...

Derek...

Jeff, we were not able to incorporate a Rally Sprint this year at LHFR as we are focusing our energy on the new road and all the work that it entails. We are also increasing the stage km.

Post-event, we'll be able to assess how the schedule worked out and whether there is room to incorporate a Rally Sprint for 2016. We'll also see, from Black Bear and GCFR, what the level of interest is.

Hope to see you at the Lanark Highlands Forest Rally on May 1-2!

Jeannie
LHFR awards, publicity and sponsors

IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Reply #9 - 03/17/15 at 10:17:17

rosswood wrote on 03/15/15 at 06:12:50:
The clubs are creating dual events this year while Rally Sprint is getting established and they are willing to subsidize events to some extent, but a standalone event with only four or five cars would be very expensive for the clubs to run and is asking a lot of workers to come out for so few cars.

That's very understandable. That potential event in the late summer/early fall you mentioned would be a standalone event, right?

I was really thinking of myself and trying to work out my own plans: I'm considering trying out rallysprints, but if I can make it to an OPRC event, I'm typically co-driving in the full rally, so the dual events won't work for me personally... though I don't expect anyone to organize an event just to suit my needs.

And even though I'm interested, I'm far from definite about entering right now. It would take quite a bit to get ready, and most of my spare time this year is going to be taken with wedding prep as it is.

WWW   IP Logged
Derek Vincent
YaBB Moderator

Reply #10 - 03/17/15 at 17:37:37

Jeff we are working out the details,  The first event will be the Saturday during Bear Recce (no schedules have been sorted so 100%) and I am not sure what PMSC is thinking... But depending on how the first events go and behind the scenes decision the second MLRC event will be stand alone in the fall...

D.

WWW   IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #11 - 03/19/15 at 18:23:56

Wedding prep? Congratulations, Jeff!  Smiley

J&J

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print